Cygnus 6+ PRO
Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
Key Features of the Cygnus 6+ PRO UTG
- Multiple-Echo mode for accurate, through-coat measurements as specified by Classification Societies
- Echo-Echo and Single-Echo modes for heavily corroded metals with thin (or no) coatings
- Temperature Compensation
- Deep Coat function ignores coatings up to 0.8 inch thick (20mm)
- Manual and automatic gain control
- Min/max measurement limit functions with visual and vibrate alert
- Uses both single and twin crystal probes
- One and two point calibration
- Freeze function
- Bluetooth™ for data transfer
- Large front LCD display and an end-mounted LCD display with grayscale setting for bright sunlight
- Safe operation in explosive atmospheres: Class 1, Division 2, Group D locations only, as defined in NFPA 70, Article 500
- Water and dust tight IP67 housing
- Shock and impact proof to US MIL STD 810G.
High Temperature Measurement
Using the T5B-MAUH high temperature transducer, measurements can be taken on hot surfaces of up to 572°F.
No cooling period is required – which can reduce inspection time and facilitate more effective measurement.
Optional upgrade to braided cable.
Comprehensive Data Logging
- Linear, 2D grid and template data recording options
- 16 grid patterns available
- ‘Radial points’ can be added to any measurement to further investigate an area of interest or heavy corrosion
- Auto-log feature
- Saves measurements and corresponding wave forms / A-scans
- Eight user-defined text comments to attach to any measurement point
- Records stored on an SD card
- Dedicated CygLink software used to transfer and manage data.
Three Versatile Measuring Modes
- Multiple-Echo mode uses three error checked back wall echoes to provide the most reliable and accurate remaining thickness measurements possible, with no need to remove coatings up to 0.8 inch thick (20mm)
- Single-Echo mode is ideal for measuring uncoated metals with heavy front and/or back-wall corrosion. Also effective on a range of cast metals, plastics and composites
- Echo-Echo mode works best for measuring heavily corroded metals through thin coatings of up to 0.04 inch (1mm) thick, ideal for measuring painted metals with heavy back wall corrosion.
CygLink Computer Software
CygLink is a Windows® based application used to both transfer and manage data logged records, their corresponding A-scans as well as measurement comments and material velocity tables. The program can generate PDF reports to present to a client and will also export data to Excel. Cyglink also displays A‑scans, allowing for after-the-event and off-site analysis of logged measurements.
The latest version of CygLink software is available to download – from ‘Software Downloads’.
Measurement Stability Indicator (MSI™)
Exclusive to Cygnus, MSI™ ensures stable and therefore reliable measurements are displayed in Echo‑Echo and Single-Echo modes.
Multiple-Echo Ignores Coatings up to 0.8 inch (20mm) Thick
Measuring Heavily Corroded Metals
Echo-Echo Mode Ignores 0.04 inch (1mm) Thick Paint
Cygnus Thickness Gage Impact Test
Cygnus Thickness Gage Water Resistance Dunk Test
Cygnus Thickness Gage Water Resistance Hose Test
Cygnus 6+ Dual Display
Large Bright LCD Display
Large LCD Display and Simple Menu Operation
Measuring Uncoated Small Diameter Pipes
Measuring Small Diameter Pipes Through Coatings
A-Scan on Corrosion
|Measuring Modes||Multiple-Echo using 3 echoes to ignore coatings up to 20 mm (0.8 inch) thick.
Echo-Echo using 2 echoes to ignore coatings up to 1 mm (0.04 inch) thick.
Single-Echo using 1 echo
|Materials||Velocities from 1,000 – 9,000 m/s (0.0390 – 0.3543 in/us)|
|Accuracy||±0.05 mm (±0.002 inch) – in Multiple-Echo measurement mode, when calibrated and measuring the same material as calibrated on
±0.1 mm (±0.004 inch) or 0.1% of thickness measurement whichever is the greatest – in Single-Echo & Echo-Echo measurement modes, when calibrated and measuring the same material as calibrated on
|Resolution||Multiple-Echo mode – 0.1 mm (0.005 inch) or 0.05 mm (0.002 inch)
Single-Echo and Echo-Echo modes – 0.1 mm (0.005 inch) or 0.01 mm (0.001 inch)
|Probe options||Single crystal probes, Twin crystal probes and High temperature probe|
|Measurement Range in Steel||0.8 – 250 mm (0.031 – 10 inch) depending on selected probe and configuration, material and temperature|
|Connector||2 x Lemo 00|
|Power||3 x AA / R6 batteries|
|Battery Life||Approx. 10 hours continuous measurement|
|Electronics||Dual channel pulser|
|Display||Front LCD 2.4 inch QVGA: 47 x 37 mm
End-mounted LCD: 25.58 x 6.38 mm
|Size||84 x 130 x 35 mm (3.3 x 5.1 x 1.4 inch)|
|Weight||300 g (10.5 oz) (inc. Batteries)|
|Operating Temp.||-10°C to 50°C (14°F to 122°F)|
|Data Logging||5,000 measurements and A-scans per record
Max number records: 100 (soft limit)
|Computer Software||CygLink allows remote logging and viewing of A-scan graphs
Survey and report generation to PDF file
Graphic analysis of data and statistical calculations
Safe operation in Explosive Atmospheres: Class I, Division 2, Group D Locations only, as defined in the National Fire Protection Association Code (NFPA 70), Article 500. Tested using MIL-STD-810G, Method 511.5, Procedure I
MIL STD 810G Method 501.6 (high temp +55°C (131°F))
MIL STD 810G Method 502.6 (low temp -20°C (-4°F))
MIL STD 810G Method 507.6 (humidity 95%)
MIL STD 810G Method 512.6 (immersion 1 metre for 30 mins)
|Shock and Impact||MIL STD 810G Method 514.7 (vibration)
MIL STD 810G Method 516.7 (shock 20g)
MIL STD 810G Method 516.7 (transit drop 1.22 m)
|Standards||Designed for EN 15317|
|Compliance||CE, UKCA, RoHS|
|Warranty||3 years on gauge and 6 months on probe|
Basic Gauge Kit
- Cygnus 6+ gauge fitted with hand strap
- Operating manual
- Neck strap
- Accessory pouch, containing; 3 x AA batteries, blue couplant gel
- USB memory stick with CygLink installer
- USB Lead
Kit supplied with Single Element Probe
- Ultrasonic probe
- Moulded probe cable
- 15 mm (or ½ inch) steel test block
- Spare membranes
- Membrane key
- Membrane couplant.
Kit supplied with Twin Element Probe
- Ultrasonic probe
- Moulded probe cable.
To compliment our ultrasonic thickness gauges we offer a range of ultrasonic probes. The performance of any ultrasonic thickness gauge relies heavily on the probe and its suitability to the material being measured. Therefore, selecting the right probe is vital. All Cygnus’ probes are made from stainless steel and have a hard wear face or a wear membrane to protect the probe.
Variety of Cygnus INOX Probes
- Stainless steel SINGLE CRYSTAL probes, used in multiple-echo mode, include replaceable membranes for long life, require no zeroing and have a high linear accuracy.
- Stainless steel TWIN CRYSTAL probes, used in echo-echo and single-echo modes, have improved measurability on extreme back wall corrosion and pitting.
- Probes for use with the Cygnus 2+, 4, 4+ and 6+ gauges are fitted with a BNC or Lemo 00 connector.
Single Crystal Probes
Twin Crystal Probes
High Temperature Probe
Twin element ultrasonic probe designed for high-temperature, in-service thickness measurements and corrosion surveys across oil & gas, refining, energy and process sectors.
- No cooling period required – reducing inspection time and facilitating effective measurement
- For use on hot surfaces up to 300°C
- Measures remaining wall thickness from 1.5 to 250 mm (0.05 to 9.8 inch) – depending on temperature and material.